Learn More About The Bible
DVD’s for your spiritual and theological growth and development.
You may take these home for a week at a time. Pick up and sign out at the office.
Oremus – 8 hour sessions on Prayer
- Catching Fire, Becoming Flame – 6 one hour sessions on the spiritual journey as a process of transformation, Your Image of God, The Examen of St. Ignatius, 7 Principles of Prayer, God’s Will and Decision Making, Forgiveness.
- Lectio Divina – 16 hour sessions on various themes
- The Bible Time Line – 24 sessions on the Story of Salvation
- Letter of James – Jeff Cavins – 10 one hour sessions
- Psalms – Jeff Cavins – 10 one hour sessions
- Revelation – Jeff Cavins – 10 one hour sessions
- Acts of the Apostles – Jeff Cavins – 20 one hour sessions
- The Mass by Edward Sri – 4 sessions
- DVD’s on Moses, Joseph, Jacob, David, Abraham – one each
Book Group – Wednesdays at 10:15 am – Parish Center. For more information, please call Fran Tierney at 508-627-7265.
Centering Prayer Workshop – Tuesdays at 2 pm – Parish Center. For more information, please call Peggy McGrath, 774-563-0875.
Fidelis – A Personal Enrichment Program for Good Shepherd Parish, under the Direction of Bernard F. Swain, PhD.
In 2010-2011, we launched a pilot program that engaged a group of parishioners in an adult faith formation experience in order to transform the way one thinks, feels, and responds to their identity as a Catholic layperson. Fidelis I, usual held one night per week in the fall, first engages participants in a basic, adult-level overview of Catholic tradition over several weeks, then continues in the spring with Fidelis II, a skills-building program designed to equip them for parish ministry leadership, then ends with Fidelis III, as they work on their own projects within the parish.
What Others Say About Fidelis:
- “A rich experience, educational and interesting, not to be missed.” —Ray Archambault
- “My Fidelis experience deepened my knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic Church’s history and present resources…It then translated into a commitment to …strengthening our faith community here on the Island.”—Barbara Bennett
- Fidelis …reawakened in me the richness of my relationship with God as Creator – Redeemer – Sanctifier. —Bill Bennett
- “Very informative” —Gail Burke
- “Informative, inspirational, challenging, rewarding. I strongly encourage others to participate – you deserve it!” —Walter Burke
- “I don’t know how the Catholic Church can survive if its members do not understand what it stands for. This program is a beginning to that understanding…the true meaning of Catholicism”—Barbara Cabral
For more information call the parish office 508-693-0342, check the Parish Bulletin or Calendar for upcoming sessions.
Padre Pio Prayer Group – Sundays at 6 pm, St. Augustine’s Church. Please contact Hal Lynch at 508-939-0083, email@example.com
RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is the Catholic Church’s program for people interested in joining the Chuch. For more information call Fr. Nagle at (508) 878-0331.
Throughout the year we offer retreats, guest speakers, parish missions, prayer groups and instruction on Liturgy of the Hours. For current offerings, check the new GSP app, Parish Bulletin, Parish Calendar, or friend us on Facebook at Good Shepherd MV.